Lortek’s knowledge area in arc welding processes addresses basic and applied research topics geared towards industrial needs. Lortek also aims at transferring new knowledge and solutions towards the industrial fabric.
To achieve this goal, LORTEK currently focuses in the next specialization topics:
- Study of innovative arc welding processes aimed at increasing productivity, improving the quality of the welded joints and/or reducing their cost compared with the traditional alternatives offered by the market.
- Tandem or double electrode type processes.
- Low heat input MIG/MAG processes.
- High productivity TIG processes.
- Monitoring of arc welding processes:
- Acquisition, storage and visualization of electric and process variables in real time (voltage, intensity, wire speed, welding feed speed, gas flow, torch position, etc.).
- On-line quality control by different sensors (high speed cameras, thermography, acoustic sensors, etc.).
- Seam tracking.